- SNMP (SNMPv1, SNMPv2c, SNMPv2u including access to MIB definitions)
- ICMP (echo, mask, timestamp and udp/icmp traceroute requests)
- DNS (a, ptr, hinfo, mx and soa record lookups), as well as NETDB (local access to hosts, services, protocols and similar system databases)
- HTTP (simple compiled server and client side, each)
- SUN RPC (portmapper, mount, rstat, etherstat, pcnfs services)
- NTP (version 3 mode 6 request)
- UDP (send and receive UDP datagrams)
- SYSLOG logging with specified importance, as facility daemon
- JOB scheduling, which significantly extends the normal after capabilities, without the stream parsing presumed by expect..
One problem that I found working with the last Debian packaging (00-2-21-2 scotty) is that it is not possible to define a network with a non/octet netmask, like 255.255.255.240. This is dealt in the ip_discover script, but should be managed also at network object level. (Massimo max at mcoletti dot net)
Recent sources, as of February 2002: http://spog.gaertner.de/~schoenfr/scotty/scotty300-snap20000813.zip . Also, Juergen has prepared http://spog.gaertner.de/~schoenfr/scotty/scotty300-snap20020301.zip , a new binary for Windows.... and the CVS is updated all the time with bug fixes and enhancments ( like Tcl/TK 8.4 support ). Those snapshots are antiques.
Above, where it says it is using SMTP for network mgmt....... Isn't that supposed to be SNMP? Unless there is some nifty SNMP over SMTP RFC...
Apparently there has been a problem with the CVS server and there is now a snapshot made every night of the scotty source code available at: ftp://ftp.ibr.cs.tu-bs.de/local/scotty/scotty-cvs-snapshot.tar.gz (took me a long time to find this out)Unfortunately the above snapshot was removed (as of 11-16-2004)However, some versions of scotty code can still be found at ftp://ftp.ibr.cs.tu-bs.de/pub/local/tkined/ Anyone know who runs that site?
what would be cool for Tnm 3.1, a wish list Tnm3.1
Note that Tnm 3.0.0 appears to have a bug that requires one to have $HOME in one's exported environment. The code looks for "~/.tnm" . If one attempts to use Tnm from cron, without having set $HOME, you are likely to get the error:
Called UpdateStringOfFsPath with invalid objectHmm, I wonder if Tcl_FSConvertToPathType should check for that...
- ftp://ftp.ibr.cs.tu-bs.de/pub/local/tkined (up to version 2.1.11)
- http://www.ibr.cs.tu-bs.de/projects/scotty/ (has 3.0.0 Alpha)
- https://trac.eecs.iu-bremen.de/projects/scotty/ (re-written to the url below)
- https://cnds.eecs.jacobs-university.de/svn/schoenw/src/scotty/ (svn. svn co this_url)
- http://www.eng.auburn.edu/users/doug/tkined.html (no link to source)
[kjk] - 2011-09-25 17:12:19
http://www.gaertner.de/~schoenfr/scotty/scotty-300-20040814.tar.gz is still working.
APN https://github.com/flightaware/scotty is Flightaware's fork which in my search as of 2015-02-09 is the most recently active.