Multipurpose Internet Mail Extensions
, or MIME
is a standard format for email
- Multi-Part MIME Messages, Daniel Clark, 2013-03-15
- Cameron Laird's Personal Notes on MIME
- Tcl: Handling Email
- A component of Tcllib that creates and manipulates MIME parts.
- MIME, by Marshall T. Rose
- served as the bases for Tcllib's MIME package
- Mime File Attachment Extractor
RFC822 items can be big, and correspondingly expensive to manipulate. tcllib's mime package parses any presented item completely. What if one only wants, say, the "Subject:" of the item, while needing performance? In principle, there ought to be a "lazy" evaluation that intelligently scans the few header lines necessary to determine this value.
A comp.lang.tcl thread [anyone have a reference here?] discusses this. One highlight is that Don Libes
's "mail notification tools (i.e., biff)
" page on tkbiff points to code which directly models such a requirement.AMG
: MIME is also the Militant Internet Mail Enthusiasts [1
]. This is apparently just a humorous page with technical resources for email such as links to (older) RFCs.