The `cffi` package is an extension that implements a Foreign Function Interface for Tcl.
It is based on the `dyncall` library available from https://dyncall.org.
The repository for the package is at https://github.com/apnadkarni/tcl-cffi.
Current release is 1.0a5.
Current version as of 2021-09-13 is 1.0a7.
Documentation pages are at https://cffi.magicsplat.com.
Source distributions and binary packages for some platforms are at
Distinguishing features of the package are
* Automatic conversion of numerics, strings, structures and arrays to and from the corresponding Tcl script values
* Safety mechanisms to protect against pointer errors like double frees, mismatched types
* Support for automatic encoding of string values passed and returned from C functions
* Exception generation based on error annotations
* Proc-like argument processing with defaults, error messages etc.
* Utilities for managing memory and conversion to native formats
* Extensible type aliases for common system definitions
Limitations (as of 1.0 Alpha 5) include
* No support for arrays of non-scalars
* No support of functions taking variable number of arguments
* No support for callbacks from C code
* No support for passing structs by value
https://www.magicsplat.com/blog/cffi-libzip/%|%Driving Libzip with CFFI%|%
<<categories>> Foreign Interfaces