Another one from Perth, Western Australia.
I was originally using Tcl in systems administration (via Expect) from 2000 or so, but, in 2005 I became interested in Tcl/Tk for its multiplatform GUI and starpack deployment. That I could easily code my GUI apps in vi, nano or Textpad and deploy them as single file native executables impressed me greatly.
Aside from systems admin, I use Tcl/Tk for various Shareware projects with a focus on multi-platform release supporting Windows (including Wine and ReactOS), Linux/X11 and Mac OS X.
- TclMacBag - Mac OS X style widgets on Mac, appropriate Tile fallbacks when called on other platforms.
- TclTalkback - A bit like Microsoft Online Crash Analysis for Tcl.
- TclMiniSplash - Small, simple splash screen for Tcl/Tk apps.
Tcl Extensions in development:
- ScoreProgress [1 ] - a progress bar which can display success and failure.
Tclish bits and pieces:
- Tcl MP3 Alarm Clock - Find radio shock jocks offensive? Find buzzer and bell ringing sounds an awful way to start the day? Wake up to your MP3s.
- USB FAT Semi-Auto-Mount - Semi-automatically mounts your USB drives to your chosen root directory by their disk label.
Some other wiki pages I've had a hand in:
These are some of the projects I've been working on.
|2Dirs1Cup [2 ]||RanPassUI [3 ]|
|HoursCalc [4 ]|
|Padded [5 ]||RReplace [6 ]|
|PEPYS [7 ]|
I've recently put up a Tcl/Tk design at Redbubble [8 ] - mugs, t-shirts, tote and drawstring bags, and iPhone/iPad covers.
Best to use my contact form here [9 ]. Alternately, I'm sometimes in the Tcl Chatroom.
peterc and pcaffin link to this page.