by Mark Roseman - 'DejaNews:'' [L1 ]
Bryan Oakley managed to hijack the newsgroup this week for a lengthy exchange on how best to provide usable documentation; some good insights if you're into that sort of thing. Megawidget fans can also enjoy the thread on how to provide the best support for building new widgets.
- Freshmeat is an extremely popular service you can use to announce your Tcl extensions (and other software) specifically to Linux users http://freshmeat.net/appindex/development/tcl-extensions.html
- Sean Woods posted a Tcl channel driver for accessing serial ports on the Macintosh (see [L2 ])
- Bryan Oakley kicks off a discussion about using a Tk text widget dump as a quick-loading documentation viewer, in conjunction with XML, man pages, Windows help and others (thread [L3 ]) (thread [L4 ])
- The "Widget Wish List" thread also brought up many issues with regard to megawidget implementation approaches (thread [L5 ])
- Scott Stanton describes how "file extension" will be corrected in upcoming Tcl releases (see [L6 ])
- David Welton released mod_dtcl, an Apache module allowing you to add Tcl code to your HTML pages (see [L7 ])