Also known as the "Package Uploader Client".
Part of the Package Client Toolset (see "pkgu.eagle" and "pkgr_upload.eagle").
The Package Uploads Client is used to upload new packages.
It works in both Tcl/Tk and Eagle.
It has an interactive user interface (using Tk or WinForms).
It shares code with the Package Repository Client and Package Downloads Client.
Roughly, at a high level, it does the following:
- Accepts an API key, package name, package patch level, target language, target language version, target platform, and a list of file names, either via the command line or interactively.
- Makes sure that the command line executables are installed for both GPG2 and Fossil.
- Stages (adds and signs) the specified list of package files to the associated local checkout of the package file repository (see: "https://pkg.management/pkgd ").
- Attempts to commits the package files, always on a new branch.
- Creates a script block to download the files using the Package Downloads Client, locked to the specific checked-in version.
- Signs the created script block.
- Submits the package metadata to the package repository server (see: "https://pkg.management/pkgr ").
This project is sponsored by Eyrie Solutions.
More details to follow.