DKF: Not everything that I want in TclOO is yet there. This is a page to collect those ideas and track them until they're implemented and deployed in reality.
Warning! What TclOO won't do is massively increase in scope. Its focus will necessarily remain on being small, stable, fast, well-engineered, tested and documented. Putting any old thing in here may well just result in those suggestions getting deleted. You are supposed to build on top of TclOO for most things.
The order here is arbitrary.
- submethods (to support Snit)
- Not yet TIPped.
- Difficulty estimated to be fairly high; introspection is troublesome…
- slots (to support XOTcl)
- See TIP#279 for background ideas. [L1 ]
- Difficulty estimated to be fairly low
- better support for self-like object management
- Difficulty not yet studied
[to be done]