EDITING IN PROGRESS
tclJBlend 2.0a1 (alpha release)
tclJBlend (aka "TJB") is a new fork of TclBlend (http://tcljava.sourceforge.net/ ), a Tcl extension that uses JNI to communicate with a Java interpreter.
Why a fork ?
The TJB's API is identical to the original Tclblend's API (See the "Tcl/Java Package Commands" http://tcljava.sourceforge.net/docs/TclJava/contents.html )
What changes is that:
- TJB can run on all the most popular platform (Windows,Linux,MacOS), and it works with all version of Tcl and Java JVM (*well, few exceptions, explained later*).
- This means that - with no need of rebuild - you can install/copy TJB on Win/Linux/Mac, and moreover, once installed, you are also free to change/upgrade the underlyng Tcl or JVM - again, with no need to rebuild TJB .
- TJB is delivered in a single, multi-platform package, ready to run on all the most popular platforms.
- TJB is available for Windows (32/64 bit), Linux (32/64 bit) and MacOsX
- TJB does not depend on a specific version of the Tcl interpreter.
With few exception, you can run TJB from any "tclsh", "Wish" or even "tclkit" .. (*Note:1)
- TJB doesn not depend on a specific version of Java runtime (JVM). (*Note:2)