HDF is an acronym for Hierarchical Data Format - a data file format
for storing scientific data, allowing one to organize data into
datasets as multidimensional arrays, and groups of objects.
HDF homepage at: https://www.hdfgroup.org/products/ [tekbasse]
User guide for HDF4: https://www.hdfgroup.org/release4/doc/UsrGuide_html/UG_Utils.html
(previous: See http://freshmeat.net/projects/hdf/ for links to the HDF home page.)
BessyHDFViewer [https://github.com/BessyHDFViewer/BessyHDFViewer] is a data visualization software for HDF data files.
With BessyHDFViewer you can:
* Browse a directory of measurement files and quickly get an overview what is contained
* Plot arbitrary columns of the data files into 2D line graphs
* Perform some basic computation (algebra on arbitrary columns, peak finding, numerical derivative, dataset normalization)
* Export plots and data as PDF graphs and ASCII files
* Find differences between similar measurements
* Search data files containing keywords or given data ranges
In addition to HDF5 files, plot whitespace-separated ASCII files and the older HDF4 format of PTB
<<categories>> Glossary|Data Serialization Format