IRC/forums/wiki nickname: alsterg
My Tcl projects:
- tcl-inotify [1 ]: A Tcl interface to the linux kernel's Inotify service. It provides a Tcl package that enables Tcl scripts to monitor the file system changes at a file and directory level. A large number of file/directory actions can be monitored. A proc is executed asynchronously to notify for changes.
- tcl-snmptools [2 ]: A Tcl interface to the Net-SNMP library for management of remote Agents. It supports all the standard SNMP v1/v2/v3 operations: connect, close, get, set, getnext, walk, bulkget, bulkwalk, trap, translate and others.
- tcl-syslog [3 ]: A Tcl interface to the *nix syslog service. It provides a Tcl package that allows Tcl scripts to log messages to syslog.
- tcl-PAM [4 ]: A Tcl interface to the PAM (Pluggable Authentication Modules) service of Linux. It provides a Tcl package that allows Tcl scripts to use PAM to authenticate users and programs.
- tcl-mq [5 ]: A Tcl interface to POSIX Message Queues. It provides a Tcl package that allows scripts to create/open/close/unlink multiple parallel message queues, and to send/receive messages synchronously and asynchronously to/from them.
- tcl-mmap [6 ]: A Tcl interface to the POSIX mmap(2) system call. It provides a Tcl package that allows Tcl scripts to: (1) Memory map files for improved access efficiency; (2) Share memory between related processes; (3) Easily implement cyclic persistent log files.
- tcl-fuse [7 ]: A Tcl interface to the linux kernel's FUSE (File-System in User-Space) subsystem. It provides a Tcl package that exports the full functionality of the underlying FUSE kernel feature to the Tcl programming language.
- tcl-gaul [8 ]: A Tcl extension for genetic (or evolutionary) algorithm processing, using the GAUL library.
- tcl-fann [9 ]: A Tcl extension for neural networks processing, using the FANN library.
- tcl-map : A GSoC 2009 project of mine that extends Tcl's support for GIS applications. In particular it introduces Tcl bindings for the GDAL/OGR library, which allow access to many different raster and vector geospatial data file formats. A demo application is also included, named GISViewer, that reads and renders GIS info on a Tkzinc canvas.
- Lastly, I have made various contributions to Tclx: [10 ]