- what is bittorrent? - an alternative to ftp for high demand serving of files.
- where is the authority web site for it? Google is your friend: http://bittorrent.com/
- why would someone use it? - because the bandwidth available scales with the number of users
- what does the tcllib code provide? - The only tcllib module so far is bee, which provides code to (de)serialize data from/to the b-encoding used by BitTorrent to encode the message exchanges by participiants, and also its tracker-files.
Bittorent clients are not clients in the strict sense; for fastest downloads, they require incoming connections from other peers. You usually have to configure your router/firewall to allow some ports to be routed to you. This is usually done by a web-based control panel on your router/firewall.
Bittorrent annonated specification [L1 ]
- Are there any tcl-based bittorrent clients?
Zarutian 13. may 2005: would it be a good idea to make an bittorrent vfs?
DKF 11-March-2009: Not really. They're not the same thing.