The Live Language Demonstration is online and uses a sandboxed "safe" Eagle interpreter.
The contest is to see who can be the first person (or team) to do any of the following:
- Escape from the "safe" sandbox (Difficulty: Jackpot).
- Run forever, bypassing the 5 second limit (Difficulty: Hard).
- Crash the web server process by using Eagle (Difficulty: Hard).
- Cause a "hard" stack overflow (Difficulty: Medium).
- Consume all available memory (Difficulty: Medium).
To clarify the "official contest rules":
- Since the interpreter may be shared, simply removing one or more commands (making those commands subsequently unavailable to others) does not count.
- For goal #1, presenting the contents of the file "C:\secret.txt" will be considered proof.
- For goals #1 and #3, causing the web server process to automatically recycle due to excessive memory usage does not count.
- Proof must include a screenshot and complete details, which will be corroborated using the server logs.
- The prize is a Red Swingline Stapler .
- Additional prizes may be awarded, at the discretion of Eyrie Solutions.
This contest is sponsored by Eyrie Solutions.
This contest was started on 2016-11-22 and it is not over until there is a winner for each prize.