I am French and live in Rennes, France. I have been using Tcl/Tk since 1993. A number of annotations in the Wiki use the shortcut FB.
I have written some extensions:
- tcLex: a lexical analyzer generator.
- TclExcept: a simple exception-handling package à la Java/C++.
- dictionary: a new Tcl data type, sort of cross-breed between lists and arrays. Dictionaries look like lists and use the same structure as array get/set outputs (ie key/value pairs). They are implemented internally using hash tables and thus give similar performances to Tcl arrays.
My current interests include:
- TkGS: the Tk Graphics System. An effort to replace the current Xlib Emulation Layer (XLEL) with a cross-platform, device-independent layer. Goals: better performances on non-X platforms, greater modularity (device drivers), printing support...
- Themes support. I wrote TIP #48 , which served as a basis for Joe English's work on Tile.
- fredericbonnet at free.fr
- fbonnet at users.sourceforge.net