IPEnv stands for Integrated Programming Environment.
IPEnv is a versatile IDE, offering all the programming tools you’ll need, in one.
IPEnv has an versatile editor. It contains everything you desire from a modern editor: auto-completion, multiple-file search, easy-to-remember shortcuts etc.
IPEnv has several built-in tools and graphical interfaces to programming tools such as cvs, winmerge, nmake and (gnu) make.
Advantages to Tcl/Tk Programmers
- The console is a multi-threaded shell, in which you can execute Tcl/Tk commands and shell commands indiscriminately;
- All command line executions, including Tcl scripts, can be interrupted;
- An exit command in a Tcl script will not shut down the application, but will only stop the current script;
- You can redirect Tcl-script output to a file is the same way as you would do it in bash;
- A Tcl script can be run in the background, simply by adding an ampersand at the end of the command;
- Get quick info about procedure definitions and commands by clicking the right mouse button on the identifier;
- If you right-click on an option value that is recognized as a color, or if a token begins with a hashtag, the color will be displayed in a balloon. Click the in balloon to change the color;
- Add your own Tcl/Tk scripts to the interface as plugins;
Some Simple Shortcuts
IPEnv has a wide range of useful shortcuts and utilities that are not available in other editors and IDEs. For example:
- Immediately read how many characters, words or lines you have selected;
- Select text strings, comment blocks, array elements, function arguments, sections, HTML elements and tags etc. using the same shortcut (Ctrl-B);
- Jump to the beginning or the end of a function definition, file, or section with one mouseclick;
- In C/C++, if you right-click on a variable that is declared as a structure, you will not only see its declaration, but also the definition of the structure. There is no need to define a project first;
- Convert an image file to another format simple by changing its extension (e.g. from .gif to .png);
- Add your own help files (HTML or pdf) to the Help menu;
- Analyze animated gif, image by image, in the viewer;
- and many other utilities.