by Matt Newman - 'DejaNews:'' [L1 ]
Most of the activity on the group this week has been bug related, mostly with Tcl 8.1.x - with the current rate of bug reports we can hopefully reach stable production quality with either 8.1.2 or more likely 8.1.3.
Quote of the week (care of Richard Suchenwirth) "In Perl, you're stuck with a syntax. In Tcl, you can make one up;-)"
- Get ready for the 7th USENIX Tcl/Tk Conference, Feb. 14-18, 2000, in Austin, Texas. Paper submissions due Sept. 1, 1999 http://www.usenix.org/events/tcl2k/
- Call for Tcl Tips and Tricks (for the 1999 Open Source Convention) (see [L2 ])
- A few pointers on using DDE to control MS Word (see [L3 ])
- Improved string performance for Tcl 8.1.2 (not yet released) (see [L4 ])
- Bug Alert using sockets w/ Tcl 8.1.1 on NT (only) (see [L5 ])
- NeoWebScript to be released as Open Source (see [L6 ])