George Peter Staplin Oct 25, 2005 - Megapkg is my largest project so far. It contains a lot of C and Tcl code that is evolving.
PYK 2013-10-08: megapkg_ref_2415.tar.bz2 Seems to be the only remaining download for megapkg.
The current sources (as of Sep 24, 2007) are available from here: http://code.google.com/p/megapkg/source
Most of these extensions work with Windows and Unix-like systems.
The current list of (useful) Tcl/Tk extensions is:
Image encoders/decoders (compatible with megaimage):
- animngext - An animated PNG library based on my animng.
- jpegext2 - Requires Tcl and megaimage.
- pngext2 - Requires Tcl and megaimage.
- tiffext - Requires Tcl and megaimage.
- v4limage - A Video4Linux2 extension that requires Tcl and megaimage.
megaimage graphical display backends:
- ntk - Used to implement NexTk as an alternative to Tk for low-level drawing, and window events.
- megaimagetk - This provides the ability to convert to/from photo images and megaimages. It also has a megaimage.frame widget for fast image display with Windows and X11 platforms.
- bevent - Used by Whim2.
- bserverext - Used by Whim2.
- pwm.so - Used by Whim window manager.
- structure - A data structure extension. See megapkg structure extension. This is used by NexTk.
- sys.so - Used for applet IPC by Whim window manager
- eventgen.so - Used for virtual keyboard widgets.
- freetypeext - Used for drawing text with megaimage. See also: NexTk
- waveext - A Windows-only extension for playing .wav files.
- tfp - An extension for Unix-like systems that provides primitives for something similar to Flow-based programming.
- speexext - A portable speex extension.