XMPP , an acronym for eXtensible Messaging and Presence Protocol, is the generalized XML streaming protocol that underlies Jabber.
- XMPP-based messaging program and whiteboard
- an independent module for Tcl that provides an XMPP implementation
- an XMPP implementation in Tcl. Uses tclxmpp. Previousy used jabberlib
- in instant messaging client that uses XMPP
- a client library for accessing XMPP services
- a server daemon for XMPP-based services
XMPP was used by Google Wave.
- RFC 3920 : Extensible Messaging and Presence Protocol (XMPP): Core
- RFC 3921 : Extensible Messaging and Presence Protocol (XMPP): Instant Messaging and Presence
RLH 2009-06-01: Does Tcl have anything library wise that talks xmpp?
tclxmpp. New projects should probably use this library.
There is also a server-side daemon called tclxmppd.
DKF: XMPP can also be used as a transport protocol for SOAP, which is helpful for when you have long-lived webservice communications between two parties (especially when one party doesn't want to open incoming ports in their firewall).