Status of 8.7
- Can we get it out the door?
- What is holding it up?
- Review 8.7 draft TIPs for "must haves"
- At what point do we start back porting features to 8.6 - particular msgcat
New text widget
- status ?
- Brian G look at it before next meeting
- Do we need it for breaking changes?
- Remove the cruft (8 bit / 16 bit limits)
- List of changes needed?
- strong support for getting 9.0 out the door from Rolf
- 2Gb string limit
- full unicode support
New people introduced:
- Alwyn Teh
- Matthew Lai
- Mark Case
- Alwyn asked about mixing threads and coroutines, resulted in lots of discussion about people using both
Next meeting time:
- The meeting time was seen as helpful for European and America time zone.
- It was considered, that the next meeting may be at a time appropriate for Asian/Australien citizens
Thanks to Steve Landers for leading the monthly TCL calls.