Tcl Meetup 2022-06-14
- 8.7 beta
- inventory of packages
- 8.7 and 9.0 testing
- standard tclkits - what should they include?
- Tcl/Tk + Thread
- nice to have legacy starkit support?
- systematic testing of extensions
- instructions on how to migrate packages
- instructions on how to test
- changes file updates / release notes / to-do list
- "things your app may care about"
- what code could 8.7 break?
- C-level API changes vs Tcl-level API changes
- why should I upgrade?
- release notes highlighting the use of key features
- collective maintenance of "orphan" extensions
- www.tcl-lang.org update needed
dkf https://github.com/tcltk/tcl/blob/main/.github/workflows/onefiledist.yml has the instructions for the single file builds. They're effectively nightly; the push from core is done once per 24 hours. (https://github.com/tcltk/tk/blob/main/.github/workflows/onefiledist.yml is the equivalent for Wish builds.) More at Building a single-file distribution with 8.7.
rmax suggested if an extension breaks during a kit build pick up the last one that didn't