TclVFS needs to be stress tested, QA'd and put into either the core, or a standard Tcl Binlib ... it's far too useful and fundamental for it to be kept as an optional extension.
TclVFS Needs ...
- sftp (secureftp) is not supported, and would be a nice addition.
- bzip2 is not supported, and would be a nice addition, it offers great compression ratios
- tgz , this should already be possible by stacking the tar filesystem onto a stacked channel.
- BitTorrent virtual filesystem would be great, yes? -Zarutian
- Ability to write to ZIP file(system)s - RS