A data format is a specification for the serialized representation of structured data.
- Executable and Linkable Format, used by many UNIX systems.
- Formats a string as a printable Tcl string. Non-printable characters are transformed into their most simple backslash-escaped representation.
Textual Nesting Data Structure
- deep dict
- A deep list in which each deep list is interpreted as a deep dictionary.
- deep list
- A standard Tcl list in which each single value is encoded as a list containing only one item, and each list containing multiple items is itself a deep list. This makes it possible to differentiate e.g., the single value one two three from a list containing the values one, two, and three.
- Tcl list
- Tcl script
- Based on ECMAscript syntax.
- Tcl Object Notation
Textual Structured Documents
- Contains information on hundreds of different file types, data types, hardware interface details and all sorts of other useful programming information; algorithms, source code, specifications, etc.
- markup language
- data is code
- code is data is code