Compiler, a component of Tcl Dev Kit, translates Tcl scripts into bytecode format.
- the analagous component of TclPro
- Compiling tcl sources with ActiveState tclcompiler using Makefile
- official reference
Compiler provieds a GUI for easy access to the tools features. It is also integrated with TclApp, the starkit-based tool for wrapping and rapid and easy deployment.
The files generated by this tool can be loaded by the package tbcload.
- Compile scripts independently of execution, then store for loading and executing when you need them.
- Distribute bytecode files instead of source code to protect your intellectual property.
- Simplify support by distributing code that cannot be modified by users.
- Use with TclApp to create bundled applications that don't require special installation.