GUI Building Tools is a guide to tools a developer might use to create the framework of an application with a GUI.
Tk developers accomplish a lot without GUI builders at all. In a sense, Tk itself is the ultimate GUI builder. Nevertheless, various programs have arisen to make the process of developing a GUI more convenient or consistent.
A complete IDE can include a GUI builder, but a GUI builder itself focuses specifically on the tasks associated with construction a GUI and seldom has the debugging facilities, code management capabilities, etc., of a full IDE.
Tk GUI builders
- Basic GUI Builder
- humble beginnings, not ready for actual use
- available in ClassyTk
- TV: In general is not a GUI or GUI builder tool, but as part of its functionality, it has strong gui building facilities, except not as average Tk program, but as part of its canvas. The Model view controller type of thinking is easily to follow and make with bwise, as in this simple example: A little multiplication toy.
- Docking framework
- A window manager-like framework.
- JX Development Suite
- Laying out widgets in a grid
- Move any widget
- with tcl/tk Gui Generator (tG²)
- Spynergy Weblet Developer
- Tk Cement, by Kristoffer Lawson
- Renders a Tk GUI based on a resource specification which allows nested specification.
- Last Updated 2016-11-27
- 2019 -- For Windows 10 and Ubuntu
- Visual Tcl
- create Tk forms on-the-fly from XML
Other GUI Builders
Glade : WJG for Gnocl.
- A poor mans GUI
- sometimes recommended when a question about GUI Building Tools come up. Its form-based model applies to many (most?) GUI applications.
- manage system tray icons under X