A page to collect references to graphics applications and libraries for Tcl, having bindings to Tcl, using Tcl, etc.
Graphics Manipulation and Painting
- tclPov IDE/front end for PovRAY raytracing and rendering
This link is dead, and http://www.nasland.nu/ doesn't seem to host
tclPov any longer.
See the old version at the internet archive http://web.archive.org/web/20010822072608/www.nasland.nu/tclpov.php,
and download from the internet archive's software archive at http://www.archive.org/details/tucows_47033_tclPov .
- TeXpict Drawing package for TeX graphics
- Zzipp Image Processing Package
- DigiTcl a graphical user interface which allows users to construct and simulate simple digital circuits.
- LDS Draw is intelligent Logical Data Structure(LDS) modeling software. It is an attempt to create a simple, convenient editor that overcomes shortcomings of Silverrun/RDM. It is written in Tcl/Tk and is used to manipulate entity boxes and the relationships that connect them.
3D Modeling and Rendering
- Ayam 3D Modeling Environment for the RenderMan Interface
- BRL-CAD A powerful Constructive Solid Geometry (CSG) solid modeling system. BRL-CAD includes an interactive geometry editor, ray tracing support for rendering and geometric analysis, network distributed framebuffer support, image-processing and signal-processing tools. The entire package is distributed in source code and binary form.
- DIVE The Distribute Interactive Virtual Environment
- EDGE Engineering Dynamic On-board Ubiquitous Graphics (DOUG) Graphics for Exploration
- DVR Distributed Volume Renderer. Designed to render larger-than-memory volumetric datasets at interactive framerates by using Beowulf-style clusters. Scriptable in Tcl.
- VFleet renders volume data and optionally uses PVM to distribute the rendering job to multiple computers. It uses Tcl for GUI and scripting. Source code: [1 ]
- Vis5D is a system for interactive visualization of large 5-D gridded data sets. One can make isosurfaces, contour line slices, colored slices, volume renderings, etc of data in a 3-D grid, then rotate and animate the images in real time. Uses Tcl for scripting and GUI. Incorporated into the virtual reality display program Cave5D .
- QMG (Quality Mesh Generator) can generate finite element meshes in two and three dimensions. The package includes geometric modeling software, the mesh generator itself, and a finite element solver. It is written in C++ with Tcl bindings and uses Tk for GUI.
The Stanford Computer Graphics Laboratory has a suite of image processing tools designed to help turn laser range scans into volumetric meshes and images, using Tcl for GUI and scripting:
- a package for volumetrically merging a set of range images.
- application for viewing, editing, aligning, and merging range images to produce dense polygon meshes.
- software library for fast, high-quality volume rendering.
- A tool for camera calibration.
- a program for combining range images into a polygonal mesh.
PICSearch is a development environment for content-based image retrieval algorithms. Its main purpose is to serve as a testing platform during the development of such algorithms. PICSearch can, however, also be used as a conventional image cataloging program. The idea is that the user can load an image into the system and search a database for pictures resembling the query image. The definition of resemblance depends on the search algorithm used for the query. Researchers may add their own algorithms to the system by filling in an algorithm template and recompiling the system. Written in C++ with a Tcl/Tk interface.
XGrafix is a windowing environment for interactive display of results from any temporally evolving simulation of a physical system. Written as a C library with a Tcl interface/GUI.
Threedit : Octave code for 3D surface rendering, modelling and segmentation. Includes automatic construction of artificial 2D active appearance models and VTK and TCL/TK tools for registration and editing of 3D surfaces.